Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Reason 1: Growing Up A Decade Is Hard To Do

0 comments

It’s funny when I hear someone say that they did so much growing within a year. Which I can say I was guilty of that too. However now I’m a little older I disagree with it. A lot of things can happen in a year and even though we think we might have grown up some or changed within that time frame. I don’t think that’s it. We may do one thing differently and feel it’s growth. In some cases that one small thing isn’t as big as an impact as we believe it is. It’s like saying you’re going to stop eating chips but continuing eating candy. Not all changes are good changes or what’s best for you. I did find out that within an Decade a lot can happen. It’s long term focus that we tend to ignore a lot of the time.

 

 

I can say that 10 years ago I never thought THEN that my life would turn out like this. It never crossed my mind nor was a random scenario in my head either. I never thought at 21 that I’d be 31, with cats, single, struggling to survive and still trying to figure life out. I thought then I would be married with kids possibly working living happily with my family and parents. Even though things didn’t work out the way I thought or planned. Life took a different direction. Went through loss, heartache, breakdowns and even was so distraught I wanted to end it all because I felt like I didn’t belong and had no purpose. However all those feelings and experience brought me to where I am now. I’m proud of myself of making it this far. In this year I was able to reflect on the last 10years and all the situations and experiences that followed.

 

I learned that surviving on my own would be a challenge. I learned taking on responsibilities like the house, bills and other expenses would be a challenge. I found out friends aren’t really looking to be your friends. I learned that when someone claims to love you doesn’t mean they really do. Family isn’t supportive and sometimes the plan you worked so hard to turn into a goal isn’t what you wanted or what was best for you in the first place. I must say the last 10years have been a bumpy ride. However I hope that with all that the next decade(s) will be my serenity. I don’t want to make the same mistakes over and over again. I want to be able to prosper. To define my life and create even a smudge in history, even if it’s short-lived. I want to marvel at becoming 40 or 50 or 60. Now I might be getting older but that doesn’t mean I got to carry the burden of the past 10years or so with me and taint the next decade. I think 31 is a perfect turning point. I have 30years to make things right or least decent. I plan on living to the fullest and enjoying every single moment of it too.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer