Saturday, December 26, 2015

Kwanzaa | Umoja

0 comments
"Unity"

To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.


I found out that sometimes you have to learn to have unity. For me being an old child and always having to do everything on my own or for myself is challenging within itself. 

At my old job I had to learn to have unity in order to work well with my customers. Sometimes having a support system is more that just a novelty. Those are the people that keep you up when your knees begin to buckle or give way due to life's hardships. However when you're stuck depending on yourself. You don't have a choice but to be strong and hold your own ground. No matter how many times you may buckle, waver or fall. Getting back up is your only choice. It's unfortunate that some people don't understand it. It's ok not too. Sometimes I have to wonder how I've been able to stand my own ground for so long. 

However having to depend on people and work along side people not only bode successful for ourselves individually but for the greater cause we were working for. Which was to have a successful customer service. 


But with that being said. That's also helped me get me where I'm at. It's ok to ask for help. That trust and bond that you build while asking for help creates the unity that we all need actually. I know if I hadn't learned that type of unified compromise I wouldn't be able to make my current relationship work either (yeah a lot has changed & happened lol). That unity that I strive for in my relationship is what was lacking in my last relationship not on my part either. 


Unity has taught me a lot in 2014 and 2015 and I'm glad it did! Because it's making me an even better person and I like it and I'm happy with the current outcome. It's ok to depend on people. It's also ok to help people too. You never know who will be there to help and support you. My mama always told me that and she's right. I hope to strive for that kind of unity and not only help people but be apart of a support system that can handle things head on without trembling or falling apart. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer