Monday, December 28, 2015

Kwanzaa | Ujima

0 comments
"Collective Work & Responsibility"

To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.

I learned something really really important. Sometimes no matter how much we hate to admit it. Sometimes we are wrong and we have to accept responsibility for our actions. Yeah there are those moments where we can walk away from something and leave it up in the air and eventually it'll go away. But not everything can be conducted in the same manner. 

I have poor banking habits. And I know it. And mostly it comes from trying to make $5 into $50. It's not happening when your pay is that "$5" but bills are "$100" it's like a conspiracy. However I always felt if I ignored it long enough it'll go away. My mama would tell me to stop that as how that would impact my life later on. But like a lot of things she told me it never made sense or had little to no importance until my taxes were due and I don't have a way to write a check. I can't open another bank account for a while—or at least until I resolve my debts. What sucks is that I'm trying so hard but I feel like I keep getting knocked back a few spaces. 

But I realized that running away from my problems isn't going to solve anything. I decided for 2016 I want to try to face my financial problems head on and assume the responsibility that I fucked up and I need to fix this if I want to have a decent future. I can't assume that my problems will go away or written off. They'll be there waiting like karma to bite me in the ass. So I've decided to be a responsible adult (as much as I possibly can) and handle business like I'm suppose to. I may not like it and it may put me in a financial bind. But I don't want to be struggling or acting like a everyday broke hood rat either. I want change. But first before I can get the change I have to learn responsibility. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer