Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Kwanzaa 2017

0 comments
So another year and of course our favorite holiday has come and I’m actually more than excited about it this time around. 2017 has been a rough year for me and I don’t want to be put in the position where I carry that heaviness over to 2018. And I’m not. But I’ll get into more of that later. 



THUS! Let the Celebration begin!



For those of you just joining us. Or you happen to stumble upon this post. Welcome! I’m Bunny, I write about any and everything. Mostly life intriguing topics lol. But we’re glad you could join us! Every year I’ve posted blogs for Kwanzaa. I love Kwanzaa as a holiday not so much for my heritage and background. But because it’s more than just celebrating black culture. I find it so sad that so many black people refuse to celebrate it because they don’t feel it’s a real holiday. But it gives a perspective on life that’s amazing. It makes you think and wonder what you can do as a person to not only better yourself but to better those around you and your community. I feel that’s what’s lacking with EVERYONE but that’s me lol. 

Anyway 


From December 26th to January 1st Kwanzaa is celebrated. It’s a cultural holiday, that was created in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga and was named from the phrase "matunda ya kwanza," meaning "first fruits" in Swahili. A celebration which was established to connect people with their African roots and heritage, Kwanzaa teaches seven principles: unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith. Representing these seven principles, a Kinara, or candle holder, has seven candles, which are lit each night of the celebration.






0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer