Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 9, 1966

0 comments
On this very exact date to the day. My parents got married at a little church. Right before Easter and there was snow too lol. Even though it's been 50years since that date. I bet if they were still alive they would've loved this moment very much. 

For the longest time I never understood why this date was so important to them. It didn't make sense. Though I enjoyed their love for each other. I never got how much they love the idea of each other of the "US" of them. I think this is the first time in a long time that I looked forward to their anniversary. I will say I hated the day because I always felt they blew out of porportion. But I was also young and didn't understand why I had to be included on a day I never got to see or experience or have as fond of memories as they did. 

Even as I got older and things started to change. All I remember is how excited they were to reach that 50years mark. Even still; I still didn't understand why this date was so important. When my father passed and my mom still kept hope alive and I would buy her cards to make her day and look at old pictures with her to make her happy. I didn't understand. I always assumed I never would. 


When my mother passed, I ended up with all the knick knacks, souvenirs and keepsakes. That date was nothing more but a confirmation of my parents Union in holy matrimony. That was adorned in history with photographs and a certificate. And a inscribed wedding ring.  


But it didn't hit me until recently. Like a few months ago. I had this really weird dream where I thought I loss the wedding band I had. Even though it was just a ring and nothing more and nothing less. That was the first time it was heartbreaking to think it was gone forever. That dream had me so messed up I had to get up and look for the ring the next morning before I went off to work. I couldn't help but look at the ring and read the inscribing: A.B.M to E.N.R.  4-9-66. And I sat there wondering why this ring was so important to me. 



It wasn't until I start spending more and more time with Mr. G. It started making sense. Without all that commotion and whatnots. I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't been able to experience life with two of the most amazing (crazy) people in the world. I wouldn't have experienced a lot of the craziness and nonsense with them. I wouldn't be Me without them. I appreciate that. Without their love and wanting to invest into each other for more than a lifetime literally. I wouldn't have happened and nothing that I experienced wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be in the place that I'm at now. And I probably wouldn't be with G or owning the house I grew up in. Even though now they make up a small part of my life; they were once a HUGE part of my life. They were the foundation to my pyramid and I'm glad about that. 


Even if they're not here anymore or won't be able to watch me to continuously grow. They're always with me and always will be. Ring or not. 


I wish my parents a very Happy 50th Anniversary. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer