Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Impromptu Jitney Driver

0 comments
For the last week or so I've been thinking a lot about my parents. I miss them a lot from time to time. And it's been one of those times.


So mostly in the morning I think about my dad. As I'm rushing to get out the door and power wogging (walking and jogging lol) to get down the hill. I'm amazed at all the drivers who literally stop to stare me down like they've never seen pedestrians before. And I'm like are you picking me up??? No?? Then carry on, mind your business slappy. 

But my dad was the exact opposite. Even if he knew he would be late for work. Anyone he saw walking he would ask them if they wanted a ride. Whether it was down the street or to the bus station. He wanted to help and make sure that someone else had a good day too. But what's sad when we were without a car no one offered us rides or picked us up. Nothing. But hell that was for everything. My dad was so focused on helping other people and making things great or good for them whilst letting his own wellbeing go to the wayside. 


I used to ask him, doesn't it bother you that you can't get the same help or consideration or favor back from people you've helped?? He would smile and say, 'No, I've helped someone in need and I just hope and pray that when I'm in need someone will be there to help me. Because you never know who you're going to get help from.' But also on the flip side, he also told me never to be afraid to tell people no sometimes. Which is true. 


So every morning that I'm walking to my bus stop hoping. I make it on time. I think about him carpooling people. Or just him being so generous in general and wondering why aren't there more people in the world like him??


I wish there was. It would make the world a better place. 







0 comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Chrome Pointer